Monday 28 September 2009

Give me a B! Give me an R!

Give me an E-A-D! I'm back to making bread, this time combining T's mum's recipe with the sage advice of Edna Staebler, an awesome Canadian author and seriously down-home cook whose cookbook we were given for our engagement. I suspect my last loaves were overly dense due to a) not enough kneading at early stages of preparation, and too much at the end; and b) insufficient warmth during the dough-rising time. The experimentation begins. A massive bowl of dough is in a warm oven, rising as I type.


During a recent wine-soaked evening at the WWF (Women's Wine Federation, for the uninitiated), it was suggested I create a blog listing a free activity or outing that I do each day. I am considering making that my project for October. Stay tuned!

0 comments: