Friday 18 June 2010

Sunshine and lollipops

Big news! It's with much excitement and some trepidation that I can now report my residency application is in its final stages. My passport is en route to Sydney as I type, in order to get my papers. Eleven months after this stupid life-shock began, we are almost at the end of the road.
I have no idea what to make of it! It feels like the past year has barely existed -- all that frustration, dashed hope, endless budgeting and angst-ridden analysis of my place in this beautiful, beautiful world has simply disappeared. 
Looking at T. and thinking of all we've been through, I couldn't help but tear up and be so thankful for everything we have, and everything we've built during this crazy, wonderful, maddening year. Yes, I've learned that the government is stupid, feckless and intrinsically non-sensical, but what bureaucracy took away shortly after our wedding, the world has returned ten-fold for our first anniversary.


Expect one heck of a celebration once I get my Permanent Resident card!!!
Yeehaa!!!



This is how I'm feeling!!

0 comments: