Tuesday 22 June 2010

One Year Wonderful

When people ask me what it's like to be married -- it happens on fairly regular occasion -- I tell them the secret no-one told me: It's amazing. The deepening love and happiness that greets T. and I each day is a true wonder, and something I hoped for but never really expected.
We celebrated our first anniversary on Sunday, a week after our 'earlyversary' weekend escape to Collingwood, Ont. It was beautiful and simple and good and true, like our love has proven to be. 
It must seem sickeningly sweet, or naively optimistic, but being married has changed our lives. I would still love T. just as much if we were not married, our life would be as lovely and joyous, but there is something special about making this bond with another human. My heart is safely in his care, and his in mine, and we can meet each day holding hands and gazing at the beautiful horizon.
Blessed, we are.
I hope you are too.


In the treetops during our eco-earlyversary adventure


PS: We created an anniversary tradition! Each year, we're going to choose a celebratory scotch or whiskey, to savour on the day (and however many other days it lasts... ;)
This years is The Balvenie. There's something impressive about a scotch that insists on a definite article. The Balvenie 12yo Signature. Delicious!

1 comments:

Suz said...

If only everyone could be this blissfully happy!!!! Am very jealous!!!!! It's so nice to see you so happy :-)