Thursday 13 May 2010

The interminable wait

Visa update: 


Citizenship and Immigration Canada do not like T. and I holidaying in Port Elgin. Each time we do, we get home to a nasty note from them. First, it was them telling me to leave the country. This past Tuesday night, it was a cranky email threatening to close our file.


It seems CIC has decided to arbitrarily change the rules. The forms we filed last year, which were exactly as specified by CIC, are no longer good enough, they say. We must now send my traffic history (which, ironically, I originally sent to a different government arm last year as per CIC instructions.)


CIC says it informed us of the change last December. We never received that December request. Our lawyers never received it. It seems my application has been languishing untouched for the past five months because CIC is fucked up beyond all hope of salvation.


No movement on my file for FIVE MONTHS!! And my future in Canada is in their hands. Heaven help us all.

0 comments: