Friday 29 January 2010

The haiku project

In November, I randomly decided to write my Facebook updates in haiku. I thought I might do it for a week, or maybe a month. Heading into my third month now, I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep at it. After all, it likely seems pretentious to people who read it.
But I like the challenge of it, so will keep at it. At least until my next update. 

Here are some favourites so far (although I just discovered Facebook doesn't seem to keep updates indefinitely, so I'm going to pretend there may have been some better ones prior to this...)

Today:

Ignore the ice. Look

up. Bare limbs, bathed in gold, have

much to teach of love.


Jan 6:

Velleity: (n)

an urge too weak to act on.

Sounds like my gym plans.


Dec. 26:

Ending the night with

a dwindling bowl of Twisties.

Does it get better?

0 comments: