Friday 22 January 2010

Getting inspired

T's and my good friend Louie Palu has been staying with us for a couple of days. Not only is he a disarmingly frank and funny friend, he's also a stunning freelance photographer, and a clumsy goof. There are three stairs to take you from the hallway down into our kitchen. This morning, he not only managed to fall down them, he somehow also obliterated our treasured wee bottle of Stanthorpe port (purchased when I took T. home to meet my family and tour the local Aussie vineyards). Glass shards went both up and down the stairs, and Louie has given the floorboards a slightly new stained tinge of, well, port.


I fed him hot sweet tea for the shock (he fell hard), and got on my hands and knees to clean the mess. Then he took me to lunch, and helped outline ways to nudge myself from 'journalist' to 'writer'. I think it's a fair trade.


This afternoon has been spent gazing at a heart-achingly beautiful blue sky and browsing the interweb for blogs, writing journals, and inspiration. Today's best find: Six Sentences
What can I do in six sentences? What can you?? I vote we try it out.

0 comments: