Wednesday 8 December 2010

Happy snaps

It's snowy outside, I have fresh coffee by my elbow, and I thought I'd share some of the things making me happy of late.

There's this little guy, just bursting to flower in my lounge room. It's the first time I've had an Amaryllis, and I'm looking forward to the mucho-mucho-bloomage. There's, like, five wannabe-flowers in there!
Making easily-postable gifts to send to Australia is tough. Making them look good is even tougher. Thus, my hand-drawn looks-just-like-a-present envelopes, which I then put inside boring looks-just-like-a-normal-envelope envelopes. Here's a close up of my effort:
Hope the recipients like them!


Other things making me happy:
My friend's VERY pregnant belly. I got kicked almost across the room when I put my hand on her stomach. (Note: That is not me in the picture, putting a hand on her stomach.) Breeding is such a weird, weird thing.

My bathroom, stripped of wallpaper and lathered in Bavarian Cream paint. I'm tempted to paint our entire house based on the names of the colours now. Although, come to think of it, that'll just make me hungry all the time...

And this guy. Who now roasts his own coffee. Could a gal ask for any more?

1 comments:

Suz said...

Yes, the recipients do appreciate your efforts xxxxx