Friday 26 February 2010

First words!

Tune in to the Six Sentences blog tomorrow and you should see my very first inclusion in their daily micro-fiction stream. It was my first submission to the site, and I am pumped to try crafting more.

This will mark my first purely-creative publication since a tortuously post-modern poem of mine was published while I was at university. (Yes, it used symbolic http-code. Yes, once I learned http-code I realized how dumb that was.)

I am so excited! A big thanks to Rob for his extremely enthusiastic response. For anyone thinking of trying this out for themselves, DO IT! It's a fun challenge, and can take your brain to some seriously weird places.

And please, feel free to tell me what you think!


Update: My entry has been nominated for 6S of the Month for February, 2010. If you want to vote (oh, do!), go here (and, quite ingeniously, follow the link that says 'cast your vote HERE') before March 7.


Updated update: I didn't win, but I did get a solid third of the vote. Which is awesome! Sadly, I haven't had chance to submit much to the blog since then, but I have been included in the next book, 6S Volume 3. :D 

0 comments: