Monday 30 November 2009

Hark! Tis the siren song of procrastination

It's a beautiful Monday, a sunny end to a totally snow-free November here in Toronto, and I'm discovering there are many reasons to udpate this blog. 
1: My lovely friend at home actually does check it sometimes, so I feel I should give her something new to read.
2: It fills my time while I wait for the Purolator people to deliver my new running shoes! (My cash-strappedness has led me to order last year's model online, for $50 less than a newer version in stores. Hurrah to thrifty webness!)
3: It helps me avoid my other writing project, which sits open in another window of my laptop impatiently whining for my attention. My new novel is a playful, chirpy little thing that likes to nip my heels at random moments. It's a small beast, but it looms large to me because of its obvious neglect. So I've taken today off from my painting efforts to bestow some love and attention on the poor critter.
And so far all I've done is update my facebook page, and decide to write my status updates in haiku.

That shall end now. I'm coming, little one!

0 comments: