Friday 2 October 2009

Rainy Friday afternoon (I got no mind for worry)

So I visited the newsroom yesterday. It was a bit weird to contemplate, but great in actuality. A bit like ripping off the proverbial band-aid.


While I can be proud of that, I must humbly admit that my 'free thing a day' project is over before it even began. Schade!! Turns out, I'll be spending too much time this month helping people out, so my karma bank will be growing even if my blogging record doesn't. 
First up: help a friend paint the inside of his house. 
Then, later in October: Go and help run a super-nerd tent at a Waterloo nerd gathering called Quantum2Cosmos. Sure, all the lectures I wanted to attend are full, and the movies are sold out, but T rightly pointed out (read: slightly guilted me into agreeing) that I'd offered to help, and really shouldn't go back on my word.


So I'm going to be a handywoman, and a geek extraordinaire, all in a matter of weeks. Huzzah!
In the meantime, it's raining in Toronto, and the wonderful umbrella given to me by my fantastic bridesmaid on my rainy wedding day is getting many compliments. As it should.


0 comments: