Sunday 18 September 2011

Townee Tees!

If you needed proof that Waterloo is a great town, this weekend provided plenty to convince the most skeptical of folk. Doors Open drew thousands of people to the basically brand-new corner of Erb and Caroline/Bridgeport to check out the new PI, CIGI and Knox Presbyterian buildings, while the Medieval Faire was in nearby Waterloo Park, the Terry Fox Run on Sunday morning, and the fourth Car Free Sunday of the summer to wrap things up on Sunday afternoon. Phew!

I had my second Townee Tee stand at Car Free Sunday, and had a blast chatting to people about the City of Waterloo sign that features on my tee's, magnets and postcards.
Merchandise - Tees, magnets and postcards.

On a sidenote, it turns out the City of Waterloo is currently polling people about the future of the sign. The sign was erected in 1948 - the year Waterloo became a city - and in my opinion is freaking awesome. But it does need some love. So the City's trying to find out if people want it fixed, fixed and moved, or done away with. Put your two-cents-worth in here.

The man of the hour, manning the stand
Anyhoo, back on King Street, T. and I shot the breeze about anything and everything with a wonderful array of people. We had a ball. Thanks so much to everyone who stopped by!If anyone missed out on a shirt, I still have Mens (S, M, L, XL) and Womens (S, M, XL) available. (Be mindful that the women's shirts run quite small - the 'small' is good for a teenager, or in the case of my niece, a petite woman.) Drop me a note in the comments if you'd like to know more!


Your humble hostess!





2 comments:

H. said...

I need a Tee!!!!!!

Not The Captain said...

Hey miss! That, we can totally do. We need to catch up anyhoo! I'll tweet you now and we can tee (get it?) something up. :)